Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Final Aquascape!!!


After a combined 10 hours of aquascaping. I am finally done. I find this absolutely the hardest part of all reefs, since there are so many factors to account for:
  - Visual pleasing appearance / Feel and sense
  - Fish housing and swimming area
  - Depth of rock and sand usage
  - Coral placement / best PAR readings
  - Enough rock for biological filtration / Porosity of Live Rock

My major issue was putting enough rock into the tank. I will throw some in my sump and frag tank to provide for the lack of filtration. I ended up not using 40-50 lbs of rock.
I learned a lot from these sites:
Less rock = better aquascape, more visually appealing with negative space
More rock = better filtration, uglier aquascape, clutter 
Design your aquascape how you want it and if it sucks, change it later.
If my tank needs more space for corals that canyon and island will be replaced with more rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment